The 2014-15 academic year is only a few weeks old, but Berry’s newest students – more than 600 in all – have already made themselves right at home.
The fun began in late August with move-in day and Viking Venture, followed closely by First-Year Service Day and the usual flurry of athletic competitions, arts events and other student activities that dot the calendar each September. (Check out this crowd at a recent concert!)
Full-time undergraduate enrollment for fall is 2,060. There are also 92 graduate students. The new arrivals – 568 first-year students and 36 transfers – fit perfectly among their returning classmates, reflecting the standard of excellence we expect of Berry students. Here’s a quick snapshot of the Class of 2018:
- 28 states represented (including Georgia)
- 8 countries (including the U.S.)
- 7 high school valedictorians
- 7 salutatorians
- 21% finished in the top 10% of their high school class
- 47% have been recognized for outstanding academic achievement
- 39% were members of the National Honor Society and/or Beta Club
- 57% boast leadership experience
- 69% were involved in community service as high school students
- 25% gained work experience during high school
- 31 have family members who attended Berry
If their prior accomplishments are any indication, you can expect to read a lot more about this group in the years to come. Stay tuned!